Here's how it works:
- Who can take these classes?: These classes are open to everyone in the U.S. and around the world. Please continue to spread the word!
- Online Class Registration: Register via our online class page on our website. Each class has its own Eventbrite link. Click on the link and register. You'll then be sent a receipt from Eventbrite with the Zoom link information.
- In Studio Registration: Register via our online class page on our website. Each class has its own Eventbrite link. Click on the link and register for an In studio Drop In. You'll then be sent a receipt from Eventbrite with the Zoom link information.
- Payment: Each class has a Drop In Rate and a COVID-19 rate. Class Cards and Memberships are available at our Square Site here. Parents are welcome to join youth Capoeira classes for FREE. Thank you for your support in helping keep our studio and classes as sustainable as possible in these challenging times.
- Please note: When taking our virtual online classes you agree to take the class in a clutter-free, safe space. Thank you! We are able to have 4 students in the studio following WA State COVID-19 Guidelines for Wed Zumba, Wed Brazilian Dance, Sat Zumba and Sun Brazilian Dance. If you would like to attend one of theese classes in the studio, you will now be able to sign up via Eventbrite by selecting In Studio Drop In. This process is first come, first serve and you will be able to register for an In Studio spot as early as the Sunday of each week. If there are no in studio spots left, you may join the waitlist in case someone can no longer make it. Joining the waitlist does not sign you up for class and if a spot does not open, you will have to purchase an online class drop in to attend class. If you are unable to come in for your reserved spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can so we can allow someone else to come in.
- Schedule: PLEASE CHECK THIS SCHEDULE EVERY WEEK, AS THE SCHEDULE AND LINKS WILL CHANGE. CLASSES WILL BE PUBLISHED ON SUNDAYS BY 3PM PST
We are refining and improving our online class offerings every week. Thank you for your patience! See you on the dance floor!
We have really been enjoying dancing and training with you all virtually! Seeing all of your faces and beautiful selves has been the highlight of each day. Your energy transmits right back to us through our screen! It has been especially wonderful to meet students across the country, in Europe, Asia, Central and South America joining us for the first time. Special thanks to Jesse, Leslie, Steve and Naomi who are working virtually to make sure registration, sound and video are going smoothly and our classes are up-to-date on our website. A heartfelt thanks to all of you who are spreading the word about our classes...we want to reach as many people as possible across all continents to keep us connected, grounded, and in touch with our inner joy.
"Thank you so much for today's class! I didn't think I could get out of my head, but that did it... what a gift... I started taking Zumba at least 10 years ago now. Who would have guessed that all these years later your classes, studio and all around goodness would be a lifeline during a pandemic..."
"Daniel & Aileen have built such a warm, strong, and supportive community based out of Balance Studio, it was inconceivable we could all lose that connection in these surreal times. Behold! They bring Bahia In Motion to us in our office, living room, kitchen. Knowing I'm still dancing with my Samba Sistas wherever they may be (and Bahia in Motion has global reach!) is so very comforting and empowering amidst uncertainty. Love these people!"
"Taking Aileen and Daniel's Brazilian Dance class was truly the highlight of my week!... I love how they have engineered their set up so that we can have the best sound possible (sounded great through my bluetooth speaker at home) and they have taken the time to get good lighting and position themselves where we can see all of their movement well. Their wonderful dynamic energy comes through...and I felt so much joy and positivity by the end...Thanks Bahia in Motion for helping us dance through these difficult times!"
"It has been amazing to connect with Bahia In Motion again through their online classes. I have been taking Afro-Brazilian Dance and Zumba from my home in Austin and can feel the energy, vibrancy and love radiating through the screen. It feels so great to move my body and workout high lasts for days. Can't recommend enough."
"Virtual classes with Bahia in Motion has offered me the time and space (my living room) for self care during this bizarre time. Classes offer balance of rhythmic movements, fun, and energetic exercise. The high quality of sound, video, and instructions make all these classes engaging and even while social distancing one can actually sweat! I would literally go insane if I didn't have these online classes right now. Thank you Aileen and Daniel for everything!"