7/29/21: As per WA State and King County guidelines, our doors are fully open. For those attending class in person, we kindly ask you to wear a mask (available at the studio for free if needed). Daily symptom checks for all staff and participants continue in addition to daily cleaning/disinfecting, and maintenance of ventilation and air filtration systems. We are keeping a close eye on guidelines from the state and local level. Please let us know if you have any questions!
- Who can take these classes?: These classes are open to everyone! Virtual class options remain available for our standard classes to participants wanting to join us across the U.S. and around the world! Please continue to spread the word!
- Class Registration for In-Person OR Virtual: Register on our website via our class schedule page. Each class has its own link. Click on the link and register. You'll then be sent a receipt from Eventbrite with confirmation of your in-studio spot or Zoom link if you choose to do class virtually.
- Payment: Payments are made online through the links on our class schedule page. Each class has a drop-in option. Zumba classes are donation-based. Class Cards are also available at our Square Site here. Venmo, Paypal and Credit cards accepted. Thank you for your support in helping keep our studio and classes as sustainable as possible in these challenging times!
- Please note: When taking our virtual online classes you agree to take the class in a clutter-free, safe space. Thank you! If you are signing up for an in-person class, we kindly ask you wear a mask.
- Schedule: PLEASE CHECK OUR SCHEDULE EVERY WEEK, AS THE SCHEDULE AND LINKS WILL CHANGE AND WE OFTEN HOLD SPECIAL WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS! CLASSES WILL BE PUBLISHED ON SUNDAYS BY 9:30AM PST
We are refining and improving our class offerings every week. Thank you for your patience! See you on the dance floor!
We have really been enjoying dancing and training with you all so much during these last 16 months during such a challenging time. Seeing all of your faces and beautiful selves has been the highlight of each day. Your energy transmits right back to us through our screen, and now, once again in-person! It has been especially wonderful to meet students across the country, in Europe, Asia, Central and South America joining us for the first time. Special thanks to Jesse, Leslie, Steve and Naomi who are working virtually to make sure registration, sound and video are going smoothly and our classes are up-to-date on our website. A heartfelt thanks to all of you who are spreading the word about our classes...we want to reach as many people as possible across all continents to keep us connected, grounded, and in touch with our inner joy.
"Thank you so much for today's class! I didn't think I could get out of my head, but that did it... what a gift... I started taking Zumba at least 10 years ago now. Who would have guessed that all these years later your classes, studio and all around goodness would be a lifeline during a pandemic..."
"Daniel & Aileen have built such a warm, strong, and supportive community based out of Balance Studio, it was inconceivable we could all lose that connection in these surreal times. Behold! They bring Bahia In Motion to us in our office, living room, kitchen. Knowing I'm still dancing with my Samba Sistas wherever they may be (and Bahia in Motion has global reach!) is so very comforting and empowering amidst uncertainty. Love these people!"
"Taking Aileen and Daniel's Brazilian Dance class was truly the highlight of my week!... I love how they have engineered their set up so that we can have the best sound possible (sounded great through my bluetooth speaker at home) and they have taken the time to get good lighting and position themselves where we can see all of their movement well. Their wonderful dynamic energy comes through...and I felt so much joy and positivity by the end...Thanks Bahia in Motion for helping us dance through these difficult times!"
"It has been amazing to connect with Bahia In Motion again through their online classes. I have been taking Afro-Brazilian Dance and Zumba from my home in Austin and can feel the energy, vibrancy and love radiating through the screen. It feels so great to move my body and workout high lasts for days. Can't recommend enough."
"Virtual classes with Bahia in Motion has offered me the time and space (my living room) for self care during this bizarre time. Classes offer balance of rhythmic movements, fun, and energetic exercise. The high quality of sound, video, and instructions make all these classes engaging and even while social distancing one can actually sweat! I would literally go insane if I didn't have these online classes right now. Thank you Aileen and Daniel for everything!"